Aerial threat, economic downturn, closure of loans melbourne airport at night, law & order situation amongst other things have caused great distress among the business leaders who are responsible to make ends meet, keep profit levels and pay the bread winners their monthly wages. Many Paymasters understand that they are shepherds over their employees and that this appointment can be greatly helped by God the Great Shepherd.
Those who make political, business, judicial decisions are comparable to Gatekeepers of ancient cities . In ancient times business transactions and judicial decisions took place at the city gate. Gatekeepers of a city and nation ought to open up the city to good and shut the gate to evil This is an onerous task in which God the Great & good Shepherd will have to help. We invite Gatekeepers of the city to participate in an event at Trans Asia Hotel which will enable you to tap into God’s resources in these difficult days.
Sri Lanka is an unusually blessed and endowed resplendent isle . Sri Lankan ports were even from 1500 BC, the hub for trade between East and West. Many ancient Historians have chronicled these facts and the ships of King Solomon came to Sri Lanka for Cinnamon, Sandalwood, Ivory, Peacocks, precious stones (which included sapphire, rubies and pearls) and gold. Gold was found on the North Western Coast of Lanka and was submerged by the sea in a number of seaquakes (?Tsunami). One such is documented as sea overrunning Lanka in the time of Kelanitissa when Vihara Maha Devi was sent out in a boat and later married Kavantissa .
Many argue that the Biblical Ophir, the land of gold, was North West Sri Lankan coast , then known as Ovir (Mannar later). The Maps of Ptolemy has Taprobane as 900 miles long and broad (300 “Gau”). This is not an error as some supposed but the measurements given to him by Greek travellers who even came form the time of Alexander the Great. At present Lanka has less than 10% of the land mass of what it may have been. Since the NW coast was rich in minerals it is not surprising that we have petroleum in that region. Do not be surprised if we strike gold while drilling for Petroleum.
Shields & Service
Felicitation Joining with other Professions
The Christian Professionals’ Forum& ……….…….………………………… invite
Dr. / Prof. /Mr. / Mrs. / Ms. ……………….…………(Spouse invited)
For a talk on the personal loans laurel ms Christian Basis for Reconciliation in Our Nation
(Refreshments to follow)
On Friday, 8 th February at 6.30p.m. Trans Asia , The Pavilion
(Open to those in service or retired)
You may bring a friend of your work seniority or senior
Inq. Lucky Mendis 0777 772088 or Shalini 0773605171
OPHIR & SRI LANKA
I recently heard that some scholars think Ophir was Sri Lanka and we certainly sent Cinnamon to Solomon. Septuagint calls Cinnamon “Kekunanama” which is the Sinhala name. Also we have Ivory, peacocks, sandalwood, precious stones – latter more than any other nation.
1Ki 10:11 And also the navy of Hiram which brought gold from Ophir , brought in from Ophir great abundance of almug trees (sandalwood) and precious stones. 2Ch 9:10 And also the servants of Hiram, and the servants of Solomon who brought gold from Ophir , brought algum trees and precious stones.
We sent Cinnamon to Solomon’s temple
- We have world’s highest biodiversity index
- We have the world’s highest quotient of potable water per hectare
- largest blue sapphire and the most number of precious stones – also rubies
- Famous for pearls in the past
- world’s best tea
- fine golden beaches
- 126 rivers
- tallest mountains per land mass
- shrimp, lobster and sea food in abundance
- A mountain named Adam’s peak because the vegetation is so lush
- strategic location in the Indian ocean with natural harbours
- Amazing coral life and tropical fish
- Most diverse cuisine according to Ency. Britannica
- and some very sad brutalities
Jon 1:3 –
To flee unto Tarshish – Some say Tartessus, in Spain , near the straits of Gibraltar, others, Tarsus , in Cilicia; and others, Taprobana, or the island of Ceylon , formerly called Taprobah; and Tabrobavagh in Sanscrit, to the present day. (Clarke)
- 1Ki 9:28 – And they came to Ophir ,…. About which place there are various opinions; some take it to be the little island of Zocatora, on the eastern coast of Africa, at a small distance from the straits of Babelmandel; others the island of Ceylon; others Sofala in (Gill) Cinnamon – is obtained from a tree allied to the laurel that grows in Ceylon (Sri Lanka) and other islands of the Indian Ocean, known in Botany as the Cinnamomum zeylanicum.